Caring for those in need
His Hands Free Medical Clinic and the Community Health Free Clinic serve our community by providing free care to the under- and uninsured. Mercy supports these critical resources through board membership, and radiology and lab services, and financial support. Since February 2011, Mercy also supports mid-level healthcare providers at the Community Health Free Clinic.
Mercy touches lives throughout the year with a multitude of sponsorships for community events. Employees also show their support through participation.
- Freedom from Hunger – this campaign was organized by the Mission Integration Committee and raised $7,454.76, which equals 11,182 pounds of food contributions for HACAP.
- Walks & runs – like Relay for Life (Mercy and Oncology Associates raised $13,789), Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund, Out of Darkness, and more!
- Depression bike ride & presentation by traveling expert Mike Meier
- Strike Out Stroke night at Kernels
- Mercy’s Parish Nurse Program – 51 parish nurses graduated this year.
- Mission Week – reaching out to support local agencies.
- Day of Caring – Mercy supports a day when employees can work out in the community.